Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has an official world wide release date and it is just in time for the holidays. The latest Nintendo mobile title will be hitting Android and iOS devices on November 22nd, which is fantastic news if you're like me and getting ready for a small break from college this upcoming week! You'll get ready to trade items with your friends and explore a whole new angle of the Animal Crossing world this Wednesday. You can take a look at the official trailer below.
Nintendo Switch is still growing its catalog but Nintendo's commitment to bring 3rd party and M rated games to the console is quickly coming to fruition, including one massively popular shooter that is getting some pretty solid reviews. Doom, which was released on multiple consoles back in 2016, finds gamers controlling a lone soldier soldier battling some of the deadliest creatures from Hell. The bloody and gore filled game has had an immense popularity among fans of the shooting genre since its original PC release back in 1993. The series has sold over 10 million copies and latest release is the 8th game in the franchise series overall. Make sure you pick up this title if you're looking for some hardcore action on the go and get ready to wreck some demons.
Update: I could not find an official launch trailer so here is one from the Nintendo Direct announcing the release of Doom as well as Wolfenstein 2 for the Switch.
While Stranger Thing season 2 is getting ready to hit Netflix at midnight, a lot of gamer's will be lining up across the country for a triple release of triple A titles. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, Super Mario Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed Origin's are all being released officially tomorrow with many locations hosting some type of midnight release. Assassins Creed, Wolfstein 2, and Super Mario Odyssey have been receiving rave reviews from 8's to 10's respectively. Wolfenstein, the direct sequel to Wolfenstein: New World Order, finds William Blazkowicz as he fights off a nazi regime. Assassins Creed will take players to Egypt for the first time for a new world and adventure. Super Mario Odyssey is a return to the Super Mario 64, equipped with an amazing soundtrack, modern environments, and a colorful world, Mario is giving gamer's that classic Nintendo fun. Wolfenstein and Assassins Creed will both be released on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC while Wolfenstein and Super Mario Odyssey will both land on the Nintendo Switch.
After a few months delay Nintendo finally drew back the curtain on their next mobile title and it is seriously impressive. Animal Crossing Pocket Camp looks to combine all of the fun of the console and handheld titles into a neat smart phone game, allowing players to create furniture and interact with one another. You'll be traveling locations, encountering familiar faces, and plenty of more creating your dream town. Instead of a home, players will live in a camper which they can customize both the inside and out. You will also be allowed to build new items in your town as well. The official in game currency, known as Leaf Tickets, will be distributed by Tom Nook which can be won in game in a number of ways or purchase using real money. The game looks absolutely fantastic, my only question is how the movement will work on the screen but until then, take a look at the trailer and get excited for new Animal Crossing adventures when they arrive late this November.
update: I will post a link for the trailer soon as one becomes available
It's been a long time coming. Nintendo has finally announced that they are ready to show off their next mobile game venture, this time in the form of the popular Animal Crossing franchise. The game which was scheduled for release earlier this year was pushed back to an unspecified release date but was promised to come before the end of the year. The game will also be the only announcement in tomorrows Nintendo Direct, which means that there will (or at least should) be no information on a possible Animal Crossing title on the Switch. The Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct is set to debut 8pm PST 11pm EST Tuesday 10/24.
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will mark a huge and bittersweet moment for the Pokemon core titles. The news broke today that Gamefreak will be shifting focus on the Nintendo Switch for the core Pokemon titles moving forward and that the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be the last two titles to land on the Nintendo 3DS. While this is big news, it will be interesting to see how future Nintendo handhelds will last without the staple franchise. This will also mark the first time a core Pokemon title landed on a console which will definitely mean a large graphics boost along with an array of new functions. We probably won't see the first Switch Pokemon title for the next few years but until then, it looks like we will be enjoying our very last 3DS adventure.
While we patiently await the release of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the Pokemon company has given us a look at a brand new poster teasing some mysterious new characters. While the poster itself looks intense, showing off characters from the original titles like Hau and Lillie along side the final evolutions of the starting trio, there appears to be several figures obscured by dark mist towards the top. The trailers have already given us a glimpse at some new characters players will be interacting with. At the bottom, you can also see the November release date along side the Japanese price for the game and the exclusive Lycanroc that will be available as a pre-order bonus. Stay sharp for more Pokemon news as it comes over the next month and a half before this highly anticipated release hits the Nintendo 3ds.
- new Pokemon news including the announcement of new Ultra beasts and a special Z move for Lycanroc dusk form.
- Mario and Luigi remake for 3DS
- new Kirby gameplay
- new Professor Layton
- Nintendo New style boutique star: styling star 3
- Mine Craft with 5 skin packs and two texture packs for the New Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Party Top 100 will allow the best mini-games from the Mario party series (Jan 2018)
- Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS 9/15
- October 13th, the 3DS XL Super Nintendo Entertainment launches along side Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Deluxe, and Mario 3D Land
- Etrian Odyssesy 5 (demo to be realeased this afternoon following the Nintendo Direct
- New Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem Warriors coming soon
(That wraps up 3DS new, now lets look at the Switch Announcements!)
- trailer for RPG title Xenoblade Chronicles 2 featuring Azuada and the main character Rex. The trailer highlights multiple features of the upcoming Switch title including combat and the world itself. The title launches December 1st, 2017. A special bundle will feature a soundtrack and art book and there will also be a Xenoblade pro controller for the switch.
- Splatoon 2 will be receiving new updates like the Snapper Cana, Kelp Dome (avaialbe this Saturday) and a new item.
- A new brief trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors and the announcement of the addition of Lyn. A new trailer will be launched for her later today. A Chrom and Tiki figure will be released the same day as the games launch.
- A new look at Snipperclips Plus, due out November 10th.
- Morphies Law, the shape-shifting robotic shooter is shown off again. It was previously announced during the Nindies showcase several weeks ago. The release window is winter 2017.
- Rocket League is coming to the Nintendo Switch with Mario and Luigi toppers as well as local wireless multiplayer. The release window is also this winter.
- Arena of Valor features 35 heroes in a MOBA style battle game. Draw first blood this winter during the BETA test.
- New look at Elder Scroll V: Skyrim for the Switch. You can also use the Legend of Zelda amiibo to acquire the Hylian Shield, Tunic, and Master Sword or alternatively find them in the world.
- Bethesda's Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are both coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- Flip Wars will have a number of new additions including features and modes and is available today as a free update.
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. original arcade version as well as other titles will be heading to the switch this fall.
- New Legend of Zelda breath of the wild champion Amiibo's coming out this fall will give new items to players.
- WWE 2K18, NBA 2k18, and EA Sports Fifa 18 are all shows
- Pokken DX is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week.
- A new Square Enix RPG title, Project: Octopath Traveler from the producers of Bravely Default. The game combines HD and 2D graphics which allows players to embark on a journey as one of 8 individual characters. The title is scheduled for a worldwide release in 2018. A trailer will come later today.
- ARMS is receiving a new update featuring Lola Pop and a new stage. You will also be able to remap the controls to fit your individual play style.
- Dragon Quest Builders is coming to the Nintendo Switch in America. The title closely resembles Minecraft with Dragon Quest elements and RPG elements. The release date is planned for Spring 2018.
- Kirby Star Allies is shown with new features that all you to control several enemies at one time. You can also play with friends. The game is also due out in the spring of 2018.
- Steam World Dig 2, Golf Story, Nine Parchements, Battlechef Brigade, Tiny Metal, Super Meat Boy Forever, Lost Sphear, (1/23/108), Sonic Forces, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, L.A. Noire from Rockstar Games are all shown for the Nintendo Switch. (All have fall releases with the exception of Lost Sphear)
- New information regarding the story line of Mario Odyssey is shown. Including new areas like Mount Volbono, New Donk City, Fossil Falls and plenty more. The new footage also explains the purpose of the moons and how they will help Mario travel throughout his adventure. You will also be able to change Mario's outfits that can help the terrain or be just for fun. You will also be able to decorate the ship you travel in. There is a photo mode that will allow players to share their photos on social media as well. Super Mario Odyssey will arrive October 27th alongside three weeding themed Amiibo for Peach, Bowser, and Mario. A console bundle will also be sold along side the games release.
After Capcom's success on the Nintendo Switch with it's Street Fighter port, it looks like the company is ready to add even more titles to the latest Nintendo consoles roster. The game moved 450K in the first quarter and has proved a massive hit for both companies. This is a good move for the Switch as well. The game line up for the first year of the console is still on the lighter side and Capcom will be able to push these titles out quicker. What titles do you want to see hit the Nintendo Switch?
Today marks the first Pokemon themed Nintendo direct and its come with some big and exciting news. First up is the announcement of Pokken Tournament DX, a Nintendo Switch port of the massively popular Pokemon fighting game. The game will gome with 5 new playable Pokemon, 3 v 3 battles, and online battles as well.Pokken Tournament DX is set for a September 22nd release. There was also a few second trailer of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon shown. The titles will feature Pokemon who didn't previously appear in the original titles. They are both due out November 17th. Pokemon Gold and Silver versions will also release simultaneously as Pokken Tournament DX for the Nintendo virtual console. While the Nintendo direct was short, these are still some major Pokemon announcements. It's also important to note that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will follow Nintendo's plans to keep the core Pokemon franchise to their handheld systems. Are you ready for some more Pokemon in 2017? I know I sure am! Watch today's Nintendo Direct for yourself below!