Tomorrow, Xbox players will get to set sail in Rare's highly anticipated sea-fairing adventure game Sea of Thieves, and along with the celebration, the company has released a trailer featuring the best (former) cast member of the second season of Stranger Things, Sean Astin. Take a look at the hilarious live action trailer below and make sure to pre-order and pre-download the title so you can explore the open seas will all of your friends when the clock strikes midnight!
There is a strong debate about the upcoming Super Smash Bros title and their could be some evidence pointing to a surprising move. After the announcement of the title coming to the Switch, a lot of fans couldn't help but notice the silhouette's showing what looks like a handful of new characters coming to the game, suggesting the possibility that this could be an entirely new titles and not just a port of the Wii U/3DS versions. Given that the last Super Smash Bros title was released back in September of 2014 and has not had an update in content since 2016. Since we know (from the trailer) that the Inklings as well as Breathe of the Wild will be included, Nintendo would be best off to include these characters in the formerly released titles as well. There is also the fact that Hal Labs is developing the title, taking the reigns from Bandai/Namco who made the Wii U/3DS titles. There's also MAsahiro Sakurai's tweet about the title, asking the fans to wait for more information. It it also surprising that Sakurai is returning for the Switch title, given how spent he was during the creation of the last game and how it was only 4 short years ago since it's release. This is also given the fact that there was seven years between the release of Melee and Brawl and five years between Brawl and Wii U/3DS title. All in all, people are going to be getting their hands on Super Smash Bros for the Switch so looks like we just have to sit tight and wait for more news as it comes.
It's hard to remember Super Smash Bro's latest release all the way back in 2014 but Nintendo is finally ready to release the game on their latest console, the Nintendo Switch. While it left a lot of fans scratching their heads wondering why Nintendo wouldn't launch the console with the popular fighting title, it seems like its still going to work out in everyone's favor. Not only has the Switch been a wildly successful console (selling around 16.7 million units in its first year), but the short teaser trailer showed up a glimpse of the new addition of the Inklings from Splatoon as well as the Breath of the Wild Link and a dark silhouette that will hopefully tease more characters to come. Hopefully we will see the addition of some new levels as well. Also, with the addition of so many 3rd party titles to the Switch roster including the upcoming Dark Souls port and the just announced Crash Bandicoot game, we could potentially see the addition of more famous video games faces from other series. The timing also makes sense considering we are just past the one year anniversary of the Switch launch so it is smart of Nintendo to shower their large fanbase with loads of announcements like today's Nintendo Direct. With the joy con controller and the portability of the Switch, the experience of Super Smash Bros will be elevated to the next level, offering multiple game play experiences. While we have no set date, we do know that it is coming in 2018 and I would not be shocked if we saw more of it come E3 and a probable release toward the fall months/holiday season. No word on whether or not the Super Smash Bros for the 3DS or the now discontinued Wii U would be receiving these updated characters.
Take a look at all the major Nintendo Switch and 3DS announcements here brought to you by Yoshiyaki Koizumi and the team at Nintendo!
- For the Nintendo 3DS, Warioware Gold featuring micro-games from the Wario series due out 8/3. Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers is an action/tower defense title for the 3DS. It will also feature animal versions of player created mii characters. This title is due out on the eshop 5/24. Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story has also been announced for the 3DS and will be out alongside a game mode for Bowser Jr in 2019.
- There is a very comical new trailer for Detective Pikachu, which is due out 3/23 and is available for pre-purchase today. There will also be two amiibos including one that is extra large of Deluxe Pikachu to be released the day of the games launch.
- Luigi's Mansion will now be released on the Nintendo 3DS. That will be launched on an unspecified date later this year.
- For the Nintendo Switch, a new trailer for next weeks Kirby Star Allies is shown off. Meta Knight, King Dedede, and other famous faces from the Kirby series will be allowed as in game allies. A demo for the title is available in the Switch eshop now.
- Okami is coming to the Nintendo Switch, allowing gamers to use either their finger tip or the detachable handheld controller for the brush strokes. Okami is coming to the Switch this summer.
- Sushi Strike: The Way of Sushido, a sushi battle/puzzle game is shown off and is due for both the Switch and 3DS 6/8.
- Octopath Traveler receives an update detailing new characters Tessa the Merchant as well as the Apothecary Alfen. We also learn more about the job customization and the official release date of 7/19 is announced alongside a special edition box set with an art books containing character bio's as well as a replica coin.
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is shown again with a series of mini games that takes the protagonist from No More Heroes into some wild internet minigames.
- A new look at Dark Souls on the Switch is shown as well as an announced amiibo featuring the Solaire of Astera. Both come out 5/25.
- A new look at Mario Tennis Aces is shown off, announcing that there is more than 15 playable characters. The direct broadcast also covers some of the basic game play mechanics and various shots you can make including the Zone shot which allows you to aim with your Nintendo Switch to pick where you want the ball to land. The game will feature a pre-launch online tournament before its release 6/22.
- Switch headlines include Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker which will take Toad to levels based on locations from Super Mario Odyssey. A version will also come to the 3DS and will launch 7/13. A trailer is shown for Undertale on the 3DS as well. All 3 of the Crash Bandicoot titles are coming to the Nintendo Switch 7/10. Little Nightmares: Complete Edition, an eerie indie title is coming to the Switch 5/18. South Park: The Fractured but Whole is also coming to the Nintendo Switch including the DLC will be released throughout the year and the game will launch 4/26. Hyrule Warriors: Definity Edition will launch 5/18 on the Switch. Arms is opening a ranked match mode from MArch 8th-8th with finals March 31st. At the end, you will be able to play for free for 3 days. There is also a new update for Splatoon 2 coming in late April featuring new gear, new stages, and a new Rank X. There is also an Octo Expansion coming for Splatoon 2 as well. The Nintendo Direct closes out with the announcement of Splatoon characters coming to Super Smash Bros in 2018 as well. It is also followed by a Switch logo.
Today is a morning full of announcements! On the official Japanese Twitter account for Monster Hunter World, an announcement was made for an upcoming broadcast on the 14th of this month. It will most likely concern the new addition of Deviljho and possibly some other surprises in what Capcom has already titled the "Free Title Update." You can take a look at that announcement trailer below and get ready for some more Monster Hunting action.
Bandai Namco has some bad news for Ni No Kuni fans tonight. After a few silent months, the studio has announced that the highly anticipated sequel will be delayed a second time, moving it's release date from January to March. The game was already delayed from an unspecified release date in November of his year before being moved to January. The reason is to ensure the game meets quality standards and to fine tune some new features including kingdom building and a skirmish game mode. Honestly, you have to respect Bandai and Level-5 for at least being up front about the delay. They care sincerely about the product they are making and if the delay ensures a great gaming experience then the wait will be worth it. The new release date is set for March 23rd, 2018 and you can take a look at the new voice over trailer posted today on Bandai's youtube.
Very rarely do you get a video game trailer of this caliber that leaves you both frightened, confused, and excited all at the same time but you can always count on Kojima to have a surprise up his sleeve. Please take a look at the incredible extended trailer for Death Stranding and be amazing by this narrative and cinematic master piece.
Bandai out of seemingly nowhere has dropped a new trailer to a long time fighting franchise and boy am I ready. Soul Calibur 6 looks to take players back into the thick of the weapons based fighting series. The series which originated back in 1995 has spawned an impressive 12 games and it's latest release is planned across multi-platforms for the PS4, Xbox One, and Windows. The game will run on the same engine as Tekken 7 and will be releasing sometime in 2018. Take a look at the announcement trailer below and get excited for some action.
Paladin's is getting ready to change up their loot box system and it looks like they're taking a page from the worst place possible. Multiple sources reported that the newest changes sound quite similar to EA's PR nightmare, Battlefront 2 which has been scrutinized heavily by gamers and critics alike to the point where EA suspended it all together. Paladin's will feature a card system that will allow characters to receive a boost in abilities. The cards, ranging 1-5 take round 43 duplicates in order to level them up to max, and seeing as htey are randomized drops in the loot boxes and not taking into account that gamers will more than likely see duplicates of cards they already have, the grind will take quite some time. Sadly, those with the monetary funds will be able to by pass all those long hours but just purchasing the loot boxes out right and increasing their chances of maxing out faster. The boost are fairly significant according to this Eurogamer article and the system change is already receiving a lot of negative attention. Either way, we will have to see if a free to play game can make this reward system work or if players are going to reject it out right like they did with EA.
Battlefront 2 is having one whirlwind of a week and it hasn't even hit store shelves. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is set to release tomorrow but EA has been embroiled in a PR nightmare this entire week. From the controversial micro-transactions that are now being investigated in Belgium for gambling (alongside Blizzard's Overwatch), EA could not be having a worse pre-launch for what was a highly anticipated game. In another stunning development, EA has suspended microtransactions all together for the moment, even issuing a statement to their fans and the gaming community on their official page. For the moment, players will be unable to purchase crystals for in-game loot boxes. For the moment, gamers will have to sit tight while EA scrambles to figure out what to do next with their in-game purchase system but hopefully that won't take anymore steps backwards.