Bandai Namco has some bad news for Ni No Kuni fans tonight. After a few silent months, the studio has announced that the highly anticipated sequel will be delayed a second time, moving it's release date from January to March. The game was already delayed from an unspecified release date in November of his year before being moved to January. The reason is to ensure the game meets quality standards and to fine tune some new features including kingdom building and a skirmish game mode. Honestly, you have to respect Bandai and Level-5 for at least being up front about the delay. They care sincerely about the product they are making and if the delay ensures a great gaming experience then the wait will be worth it. The new release date is set for March 23rd, 2018 and you can take a look at the new voice over trailer posted today on Bandai's youtube.
Very rarely do you get a video game trailer of this caliber that leaves you both frightened, confused, and excited all at the same time but you can always count on Kojima to have a surprise up his sleeve. Please take a look at the incredible extended trailer for Death Stranding and be amazing by this narrative and cinematic master piece.
Bandai out of seemingly nowhere has dropped a new trailer to a long time fighting franchise and boy am I ready. Soul Calibur 6 looks to take players back into the thick of the weapons based fighting series. The series which originated back in 1995 has spawned an impressive 12 games and it's latest release is planned across multi-platforms for the PS4, Xbox One, and Windows. The game will run on the same engine as Tekken 7 and will be releasing sometime in 2018. Take a look at the announcement trailer below and get excited for some action.
Paladin's is getting ready to change up their loot box system and it looks like they're taking a page from the worst place possible. Multiple sources reported that the newest changes sound quite similar to EA's PR nightmare, Battlefront 2 which has been scrutinized heavily by gamers and critics alike to the point where EA suspended it all together. Paladin's will feature a card system that will allow characters to receive a boost in abilities. The cards, ranging 1-5 take round 43 duplicates in order to level them up to max, and seeing as htey are randomized drops in the loot boxes and not taking into account that gamers will more than likely see duplicates of cards they already have, the grind will take quite some time. Sadly, those with the monetary funds will be able to by pass all those long hours but just purchasing the loot boxes out right and increasing their chances of maxing out faster. The boost are fairly significant according to this Eurogamer article and the system change is already receiving a lot of negative attention. Either way, we will have to see if a free to play game can make this reward system work or if players are going to reject it out right like they did with EA.
Battlefront 2 is having one whirlwind of a week and it hasn't even hit store shelves. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is set to release tomorrow but EA has been embroiled in a PR nightmare this entire week. From the controversial micro-transactions that are now being investigated in Belgium for gambling (alongside Blizzard's Overwatch), EA could not be having a worse pre-launch for what was a highly anticipated game. In another stunning development, EA has suspended microtransactions all together for the moment, even issuing a statement to their fans and the gaming community on their official page. For the moment, players will be unable to purchase crystals for in-game loot boxes. For the moment, gamers will have to sit tight while EA scrambles to figure out what to do next with their in-game purchase system but hopefully that won't take anymore steps backwards.
Battlefront 1 was heavily criticized for it's lack of campaign and it seems like Battlefront 2 has it's own problems to deal with. In another example of the growing trend of companies misusing microtransactions, the latest Star Wars title has just done that, almost forcing gamers to put a ridiculous amount of play time in order to purchase some of the franchises most recognizable heroes and villains. It appears to be around 40 hours, according to Kirk McKeand, in order to save enough points for Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, which cost an astounding 80K in in-game credits. The break down is something like this, you get around 240 points per game during multiplayer, which factors out to around 250 games for some of the lower leveled heroes which I have heard can be around 60K. EA has already responded to this controvery, lowering the amount needs down to 15k. Ironically, with the new reduction comes the reduction of the end game reward from 20K down to 5K. The article (which I implore you read) gives to staggering figures like the possible figures of 6 months in-game time in order to get all the items available in game. Regardless, EA has created a messy situation and it is hard to imagine that games will be inclined to invest that many hours in a game where the rewards aren't that much to brag about anyway. Star WArs: Battlefront 2 launches 11/17.
update: The AMA for Battlefront 2 did not go well either
Bandai dropped a huge and awesome surprise last night with the announcement of the latest addition to their Tekken 7 roster in the king of Lucis himself. Noctis from Final Fantasy 15 is stepping up to the fight and he looks like a perfect addition to the long time fighting franchise. You can catch some of his signature moves, his recognizable level, and some familiar faces cheering him on in the background. Check it out below and get ready for Noctis
Sony promised some new reveals during their Paris Games week and it looks like they definitely lifted the veil on a very anticipated DLC. Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris was officially announced with a brand new trailer, teasing a mysterious and powerful guardian as well as some dangerous battles with the Vex on Mercury. The multiplayer first person shooter will debut December 5th and will be the first of several planned DLC. Take a look at the trailer below and get excited for more action.
While Stranger Thing season 2 is getting ready to hit Netflix at midnight, a lot of gamer's will be lining up across the country for a triple release of triple A titles. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, Super Mario Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed Origin's are all being released officially tomorrow with many locations hosting some type of midnight release. Assassins Creed, Wolfstein 2, and Super Mario Odyssey have been receiving rave reviews from 8's to 10's respectively. Wolfenstein, the direct sequel to Wolfenstein: New World Order, finds William Blazkowicz as he fights off a nazi regime. Assassins Creed will take players to Egypt for the first time for a new world and adventure. Super Mario Odyssey is a return to the Super Mario 64, equipped with an amazing soundtrack, modern environments, and a colorful world, Mario is giving gamer's that classic Nintendo fun. Wolfenstein and Assassins Creed will both be released on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC while Wolfenstein and Super Mario Odyssey will both land on the Nintendo Switch.
- new Pokemon news including the announcement of new Ultra beasts and a special Z move for Lycanroc dusk form.
- Mario and Luigi remake for 3DS
- new Kirby gameplay
- new Professor Layton
- Nintendo New style boutique star: styling star 3
- Mine Craft with 5 skin packs and two texture packs for the New Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Party Top 100 will allow the best mini-games from the Mario party series (Jan 2018)
- Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS 9/15
- October 13th, the 3DS XL Super Nintendo Entertainment launches along side Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Deluxe, and Mario 3D Land
- Etrian Odyssesy 5 (demo to be realeased this afternoon following the Nintendo Direct
- New Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem Warriors coming soon
(That wraps up 3DS new, now lets look at the Switch Announcements!)
- trailer for RPG title Xenoblade Chronicles 2 featuring Azuada and the main character Rex. The trailer highlights multiple features of the upcoming Switch title including combat and the world itself. The title launches December 1st, 2017. A special bundle will feature a soundtrack and art book and there will also be a Xenoblade pro controller for the switch.
- Splatoon 2 will be receiving new updates like the Snapper Cana, Kelp Dome (avaialbe this Saturday) and a new item.
- A new brief trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors and the announcement of the addition of Lyn. A new trailer will be launched for her later today. A Chrom and Tiki figure will be released the same day as the games launch.
- A new look at Snipperclips Plus, due out November 10th.
- Morphies Law, the shape-shifting robotic shooter is shown off again. It was previously announced during the Nindies showcase several weeks ago. The release window is winter 2017.
- Rocket League is coming to the Nintendo Switch with Mario and Luigi toppers as well as local wireless multiplayer. The release window is also this winter.
- Arena of Valor features 35 heroes in a MOBA style battle game. Draw first blood this winter during the BETA test.
- New look at Elder Scroll V: Skyrim for the Switch. You can also use the Legend of Zelda amiibo to acquire the Hylian Shield, Tunic, and Master Sword or alternatively find them in the world.
- Bethesda's Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are both coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- Flip Wars will have a number of new additions including features and modes and is available today as a free update.
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. original arcade version as well as other titles will be heading to the switch this fall.
- New Legend of Zelda breath of the wild champion Amiibo's coming out this fall will give new items to players.
- WWE 2K18, NBA 2k18, and EA Sports Fifa 18 are all shows
- Pokken DX is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week.
- A new Square Enix RPG title, Project: Octopath Traveler from the producers of Bravely Default. The game combines HD and 2D graphics which allows players to embark on a journey as one of 8 individual characters. The title is scheduled for a worldwide release in 2018. A trailer will come later today.
- ARMS is receiving a new update featuring Lola Pop and a new stage. You will also be able to remap the controls to fit your individual play style.
- Dragon Quest Builders is coming to the Nintendo Switch in America. The title closely resembles Minecraft with Dragon Quest elements and RPG elements. The release date is planned for Spring 2018.
- Kirby Star Allies is shown with new features that all you to control several enemies at one time. You can also play with friends. The game is also due out in the spring of 2018.
- Steam World Dig 2, Golf Story, Nine Parchements, Battlechef Brigade, Tiny Metal, Super Meat Boy Forever, Lost Sphear, (1/23/108), Sonic Forces, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, L.A. Noire from Rockstar Games are all shown for the Nintendo Switch. (All have fall releases with the exception of Lost Sphear)
- New information regarding the story line of Mario Odyssey is shown. Including new areas like Mount Volbono, New Donk City, Fossil Falls and plenty more. The new footage also explains the purpose of the moons and how they will help Mario travel throughout his adventure. You will also be able to change Mario's outfits that can help the terrain or be just for fun. You will also be able to decorate the ship you travel in. There is a photo mode that will allow players to share their photos on social media as well. Super Mario Odyssey will arrive October 27th alongside three weeding themed Amiibo for Peach, Bowser, and Mario. A console bundle will also be sold along side the games release.