Marvel dropped a new Black Panther trailer and it knocks the first out of the water. Take a look at the action packed and gorgeous trailer below and be ready when this movie hits theaters February 16th, 2018.
What is most likely the final trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi has dropped tonight and it came with some jaw dropping moments. We see Finn get into some action with the return of Captain Phasma, some new creatures, and a what might be a heart breaking teaser moment. Take a look at the new trailer below and try your best to get those preorder tickets which are going quick
While we patiently await the release of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the Pokemon company has given us a look at a brand new poster teasing some mysterious new characters. While the poster itself looks intense, showing off characters from the original titles like Hau and Lillie along side the final evolutions of the starting trio, there appears to be several figures obscured by dark mist towards the top. The trailers have already given us a glimpse at some new characters players will be interacting with. At the bottom, you can also see the November release date along side the Japanese price for the game and the exclusive Lycanroc that will be available as a pre-order bonus. Stay sharp for more Pokemon news as it comes over the next month and a half before this highly anticipated release hits the Nintendo 3ds.
- new Pokemon news including the announcement of new Ultra beasts and a special Z move for Lycanroc dusk form.
- Mario and Luigi remake for 3DS
- new Kirby gameplay
- new Professor Layton
- Nintendo New style boutique star: styling star 3
- Mine Craft with 5 skin packs and two texture packs for the New Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Party Top 100 will allow the best mini-games from the Mario party series (Jan 2018)
- Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS 9/15
- October 13th, the 3DS XL Super Nintendo Entertainment launches along side Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Deluxe, and Mario 3D Land
- Etrian Odyssesy 5 (demo to be realeased this afternoon following the Nintendo Direct
- New Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem Warriors coming soon
(That wraps up 3DS new, now lets look at the Switch Announcements!)
- trailer for RPG title Xenoblade Chronicles 2 featuring Azuada and the main character Rex. The trailer highlights multiple features of the upcoming Switch title including combat and the world itself. The title launches December 1st, 2017. A special bundle will feature a soundtrack and art book and there will also be a Xenoblade pro controller for the switch.
- Splatoon 2 will be receiving new updates like the Snapper Cana, Kelp Dome (avaialbe this Saturday) and a new item.
- A new brief trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors and the announcement of the addition of Lyn. A new trailer will be launched for her later today. A Chrom and Tiki figure will be released the same day as the games launch.
- A new look at Snipperclips Plus, due out November 10th.
- Morphies Law, the shape-shifting robotic shooter is shown off again. It was previously announced during the Nindies showcase several weeks ago. The release window is winter 2017.
- Rocket League is coming to the Nintendo Switch with Mario and Luigi toppers as well as local wireless multiplayer. The release window is also this winter.
- Arena of Valor features 35 heroes in a MOBA style battle game. Draw first blood this winter during the BETA test.
- New look at Elder Scroll V: Skyrim for the Switch. You can also use the Legend of Zelda amiibo to acquire the Hylian Shield, Tunic, and Master Sword or alternatively find them in the world.
- Bethesda's Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are both coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- Flip Wars will have a number of new additions including features and modes and is available today as a free update.
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. original arcade version as well as other titles will be heading to the switch this fall.
- New Legend of Zelda breath of the wild champion Amiibo's coming out this fall will give new items to players.
- WWE 2K18, NBA 2k18, and EA Sports Fifa 18 are all shows
- Pokken DX is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week.
- A new Square Enix RPG title, Project: Octopath Traveler from the producers of Bravely Default. The game combines HD and 2D graphics which allows players to embark on a journey as one of 8 individual characters. The title is scheduled for a worldwide release in 2018. A trailer will come later today.
- ARMS is receiving a new update featuring Lola Pop and a new stage. You will also be able to remap the controls to fit your individual play style.
- Dragon Quest Builders is coming to the Nintendo Switch in America. The title closely resembles Minecraft with Dragon Quest elements and RPG elements. The release date is planned for Spring 2018.
- Kirby Star Allies is shown with new features that all you to control several enemies at one time. You can also play with friends. The game is also due out in the spring of 2018.
- Steam World Dig 2, Golf Story, Nine Parchements, Battlechef Brigade, Tiny Metal, Super Meat Boy Forever, Lost Sphear, (1/23/108), Sonic Forces, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, L.A. Noire from Rockstar Games are all shown for the Nintendo Switch. (All have fall releases with the exception of Lost Sphear)
- New information regarding the story line of Mario Odyssey is shown. Including new areas like Mount Volbono, New Donk City, Fossil Falls and plenty more. The new footage also explains the purpose of the moons and how they will help Mario travel throughout his adventure. You will also be able to change Mario's outfits that can help the terrain or be just for fun. You will also be able to decorate the ship you travel in. There is a photo mode that will allow players to share their photos on social media as well. Super Mario Odyssey will arrive October 27th alongside three weeding themed Amiibo for Peach, Bowser, and Mario. A console bundle will also be sold along side the games release.
I'm very anti anything that feels like a cash grab, rather, just a way to make a quick buck off of an audience and DC seems to be heading right in that direction. After the surprising announcement that DC wanted to make a Joker origin film, it looks like the rumored lead might be Leonardo Dicaprio. This is strange for a number of reasons so lets unpack everything that's going on. No one can doubt Leonado's actability as well as his A-list presence is sure to draw a crowd, but the 42 year old actor is completely different direction from the speculated younger version of the Joker. It also does not make a lot of sense to have two actors playing the same role in different films where there decisions will never collide. It begs the question as to why an audience would want to watch a second Joker film, only for it to not matter for Leto's Joker who has been said to reprise his in Suicide Squad 2 and an untitled Joker and Harley Quinn film. If things haven't gotten messy already, apparently Leto is not too enthused and has "reportedly expressed his displeasure to his agents at CAA, and rival agency WWE has used this opportunity to try and court the actor." Where Disney is using the one-off Star Wars films to fill in the caps between their other films in their established universe, it seems as if DC is just tossing out fun "what ifs," for the audience. It would be very hard to imagine if DC's Joker film ended up being a massive success and they didn't green light it for a sequel. DC is even more of a misdirection than they were prior to the whole Ben Affleck as Batman mess. Guess we will just have to wait and see what will happen with our multiple Joker films.
Marvel caused quite the controversy earlier this year with the announcement of their Secret Empire comic which featured a Captain America that worked for Hydra as part of rewritten time line and now we have the result from the recent comic event. Multiple sources in the last few days have been commenting on the final issue of the 10 issue run for Marvel's Secret Wars and its extremely unsatisfying ending. The fact that there was no lasting really substantial lasting effects from the conclusion begs the question as to why Secret Empires was necessary in the first place. If that wasn't bad enough for readers of the comic itself, it seems to have cost Marvel more than a respected fanbase after pulling this stunt. IGN states that, "Secret Empire #1 sold less than a third of what Secret Wars #1 did two years earlier (157,517 copies compared to 527,678 copies). Sales figures for more recent issues have dipped below even 2011's Fear Itself, one of Marvel's lowest-selling event comics ever." The unpopular comic is not all that surprising given the fact that a number of retailers refused to participate in the Marvel takeover event which even saw comic store employees wearing Hydra T-shirts. While I am all for political allegory in comics, the most disrespectful thing you can do is use something overtly offensive as a cash grab. Hopefully Marvel will learn from this foul stunt and think twice before green lighting such a poorly done comic.
One of televisions best reviewed series is almost back and it just dropped a chilling new trailer. Mr Robot left on a high note and massive cliff hanger and it looks like the paranoia and intensity aren't going to slow down in season 3. Take a look at Elliot and the gang and get ready for Mr Robot to return to TV October 11, 2017.
Nintendo held it's Nindies showcase and showoff a boatload of new and upcoming titles and some surprising announcements. Thanks to Mazemace from reddit for this lovely infographic, you can see some suprising names up there including Kentucy Route Zero's fifth chapter, Super Meat Boy Forever, and No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again. The video will be posted below so if your Switch is lacking some titles (like mine) then some of these are going to be definitely on your list come this fall.
Overwatch's last event has just ended but they are ready to throw everyone right into the next new features. The previously unreleased Deathmach modes, Free For All and 4V4 have been officially released on the games servers. Free For All occurs on a new level, Guillard, a large castle that's connected to Widowmaker while the 4v4 cycles through reduced sections of the classic levels normally found in Overwatch's other modes. With this, a handful of characters have received some changes including Junkrat now having two grenades and Junkrat being able to move while healing himself, similar to Bastian. The new competitive season goes live on Thursday and will be drastically different from previous ones. The games rounds to best of 3 instead of 5 and the new season is scheduled to run two months at a a time. Get excited and get ready for October's Halloween event and even more surprises to come in the next few weeks!
On Sunday, I had the opportunity to check out the Gamestop expo here in Las Vegas and I got my hands on a whole handful of fun games and goodies that I couldn't get during E3. The event itself was priced fairly cheap and it being on a Sunday really reduced the crowd size. Gamestop also featured a thinkgeek store inside the epxo, full of great merchandise and sales. There was a lot of fun things to see and do but the best part, by far, was the incredibly low wait time. Compared to E3, where I played maybe ten titles over 3 days, I ended up playing 14 and had time for many more. Of the titles I got my hands one, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Wolfenstein 2, and Warriors All Stars all really impressed me. Thought the next few weeks, I'll be talking a bit more in detail about how some of these titles play and whether or not they are worth the hype so stay tuned!