Square Enix delivered in full force last night at the Final Fantasy: Uncovered press conference and one of the night's biggest surprises was the announcement of a brand new, CGI film. Take a look at the King's Glaive teaser below which will be available to download later this year.
Final Fantasy uncovered is happening live right now and this will be your update! The event will reveal 14 new facts about the upcoming title
- First, Sakaguchi has greeted the crown with a short speech about Final Fantasy 15
- a brand new trailer is shown followed by introduction from the host Greg Miller and Tim Getty's.
- New art from Yoshitaka Amano was shown from a 3D build.
- Florence Welch (From Florence and the Machine) speaks on her cover of Stand By Me used in the new trailer
- new game play videos is shown, the first shows off some chocobo riding and new skills like a sliding move. The second is showing off the driving mechanics for the car which also has a final fantasy radio allowing gamer's to listen to songs from previous titles. The third trailer is centered around the battle mechanics. The trailer also shows off the massive titan Titan summoning.
(For some reason, other language host are also being played over the stream)
- An environment trailer is shown showing the beautiful landscapes, sun rise and sunset and the vast regions gamer's will explore.
- Both host introduce Noctis and the rest of the cast including ignis, gladio and prompto.
- Final Fantasy 15 will receive 5 anime episodes serving as backstories for the characters titled Brotherhood Final Fantasy 15 and episode 1 is available right now for free online.
- King Regis and Luna are also shown off before a trailer for a brand new Final Fantasy film titled Kings Glaive: Final Fantasy 15 marking the first release since 2005's Advent Children.
- The movie features a one of a kind Audi R8 created as production model between Square Enix and Audi. There will only be one of these cars made.
- Lena Heady from Game of Thrones has made an appearance. She voices Luna in the film. Actor Sean Bean voices King Regis in the film due out later this year. Aaron Paul has also joined Heady and the host as well. Paul will be voicing the role of NYX. The film has reportedly been under development for the past 3 years and has yet to be finished.
- Final Fantasy will have a new minigame called Justice Monsters Five that will come to both the iOS, Android and windows.
- A new trailer is shown featuring a young Noctis and a small, white fox like creature. (update: Carbunkle) The game play shows Noctis turning into animals, controlling cars and even playing in a child's playroom. It's called Platinum Demo. It will be different from the previously demo featuring a completely new story that is not featured in the game. The demo will be completely free and will go live on PS4 and box One beginning tonight.
- The FF15 deluxe edition is shown with a copy of the film, soundtrack, 192 art book, brotherhood, a Noctis statue and additional bonus content. Only 30,000 units will be available worldwide. You can preorder the deluxe edition at 9pm tonight pst.
- The final guest is Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy 15. The official release date for Final Fantasy 15 is September 30th as previously leaked. They'll be more videos and post to come in the future! One last trailer showed a transforming car that flew into the air.
Last year, actress Jennifer Lawrence gave Xmen film fans some bad news in the news that she was ready to leave the franchise after the trilogy has concluded but she has apparently changed her mind. Speaking with Empire magazine while on set of filming May's X Men: Apocalypse, Lawrence stated that she is "dying to come back." She went on to say that, “I love these movies, I love being in them. I love ensemble movies because it’s not on anyone’s shoulders." While we don't know the outcome of our heroes in the latest film, we do know that actors James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Holt's contracts end after the 3rd film. If they franchise continues with the new mutant cast members, there is certainly a lot of room left for Mystique to continue to be an ally or possibly founding her own brotherhood of mutants as becoming a villain. Hopefully we will see more of Lawrence in the future as she's a fantastic actress and Mystique's one of the most interesting and polarizing female figures in comics. X Men: Apocalypse hits theaters May 27th, 2016.
CBS renewed a large handful of it's current show's but one new series has been left behind. Supergirl, the latest superhero series to debut on television, began pretty well rating's wise back in October but has since fallen over the last several weeks to a "less than impressive," viewership. Last night's flash crossover however hit a 5 week high in ratings. The CW series, currently on it's second season, has fared far better than DC's leading lady. Monday is a competitive night for television as is and the low ratings aren't helping either. While the season finale has been teased to open doors for the next season, whether or not we'll be seeing the woman of steel is in the hands of CBS executives. The season finale for Supergirl airs Monday, April 18th.
Tonight is the big night. Square Enix's press conference, Final Fantasy Uncovered, is happening tonight in LA and will reveal a lot of new information revolving around the highly anticipated title. We'll probably see more game play footage and finally learn the official release date for the upcoming RPG. For those of us unable to attend the press conference in person, we'll be able to watch the entire thing via live stream on Twitch and Youtube beginning at 7pm pst/10 pm est. Get excited for some awesome news coming our way tonight!
Nintendo's first smartphone app was just recently released in Japan to big success but it looks like it's coming to the U.S. a lot sooner than expected. Miitomo, the conversational app experience from Nintendo, will allow users to create a Mii and interact with other friends mii's in a social space. After some general "get to know you," questions, gamer's will be allowed to purchase fun items and clothes for their characters. This marks the first of a series of app's Nintendo is planning on releasing for iOS and Android devices and should certainly be a fun way to interact with friends all over the world! You can pre-register for the app on Nintendo's website now and the app will be available to everyone March 31st!
This movie can't catch a break. Regardless of being a fan of the casting choice, Gambit seemed like it was ready to move ahead as it was originally scheduled to shoot this month but it looks like that's going to change. After a swap in directors and initial delay, it looks like Gambit's undergoing some rewrites and will instead begin shooting sometime this fall. This is bad news considering Fox had already removed Gambit from it's release date at the end of February. Whether or not we'll be seeing this movie is still up in the air so we can only hope that after these rewrites that Gambit will be well on it's way.
Batman is back! (again) In the year of DC, the dark knight will also be staring in another, much more comedic, feature film due out next Feburary. Take a look at the two trailers for the Lego Batman Movie starring Will Arnett, Ralph Finnes, Michael Cera, Rosario Dawson, Zach Galafinakis and Mariah Caery!
Fallout 4's first DLC pack has already arrived but we're learning a bit more about the biggest DLC, Far Harbor, coming out last. VP of Bethesda, Pete Hines, revealed on twitter that the last DLC will be larger than Elder Scroll: Oblivion's Shivering Isle's expansion. Which means, it's going to be quite large. Fantastic news for fans who have yet to get their fill in exploring the post-apocalyptic Boston. The Far Harbor DLC will be released this May.
If you're wondering who the latest addition is to the recent 3DS release, Hyrule Warriors Legends, is then you're not alone. If you didn't pick Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, then this will be your first time meeting Marin who serves as Link's partner in the gameboy title. She will be featured in the second DLC bundle for Hyrule Warriors as recent announced by Nintendo on twitter. There will be 4 in total featuring items, weapons, costumes and maps for gamers to use in game on both the 3DS and Wii U system. The first Windwaker DLC will be available later in spring while the second should land early summer. Gamer's can pick up either one DLC pack for all the content for $14.99 or for both systems for $19.00.