Just like many gamers, you've probably been wondering when you'll be able to get your hands on the last expansion for Blizzards real time strategy classic, Star Craft 2 and it looks like we finally have an idea of when we might see a release. Star Craft 2: Legacy of the Void, is the 3rd standalone title for the Star Craft sequel series and the word is, Blizzard has been planning a 2nd quarter of 2015 release date, which means we might see this title hit store shelves before the end of March. The first two titles are centered Jim Raynor and his crew in their fight against Sarah Kerrigan in the on going galactic war. The first two titles Star Craft 2: The Wings of Liberty and Star Craft 2: Heart of the Swarm are available through digital retailers as well as stores that sell PC titles. Are you a fan of Star Craft 2? Are you ready for the last leg of this epic journey? If the trailer is any indication, this game plans for a big finish!
The 2012 RPG title, Dragons Dogma, is receiving the MMO treatment with Dragons Dogma Online. Announced in the Japanese gaming magazine, Famitsu, the latest game will allow players to join groups of up to four people to explore and conquer quest together. The game will also feature all new content, including a new story line and brand new characters. Capcom also announced that the title will be free to play to be more accessible for gamers, with a few microtranactions as downloable content is made available in the future.
Well this is a nice surprise. After months of wondering just what exactly the Fantastic 4 reboot would actually be like, we finally have an idea with a look at the first official trailer for the film that's due to be released August 7th, 2015. The film has a much more scientific feel and approach to the classic team of super heroes, giving it a pretty strong and distinct feel from the original two films that were released in the mid 00's and that might be the best thing. Chronicle director Josh Trank is behind the reboot that has honestly restored my faith in a movie that sounded quite troubled at a point. The movie stars Miles Teller as Reeds Richards (better known as Mr. Fantastic), Kate Mara as Susan Storm (Invisible Woman), Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm (Human Torch), Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (The Thing) and Toby Kebbell as victor Domashev (Dr Doom). Take a look at the trailer!
Streaming service Crackle has released its first trailer for the zombie epidemic, Dead Rising: Watch Tower. Following characters from the Dead Rising video game series, Rob Riggle as Frank West, Jesse Metcalf as Dallas, along side Dennis Haysbert, Virginia Madseon and Meghan Ory. The film will hit Crackle first on March 27th before hitting other streaming services. Keep a close eye out for some easter eggs from the series as well as one of the games most fun zombie killing weapons! Check out the debut trailer below.
If you were wondering just what Howard the Ducks inclusion at the end credit scene of Guardians of the Galaxy meant, then wonder no more as we're going to be seeing more of the old comic character. Star of his own film, created by star wars director George Lucas, was universally panned but it almost seemed like Guardians of the Galaxy was the type of eccentric and silly film where you could slip the old anthropomorphic animal in. In the new comic series, we'll see just how Howard the Duck ended up in the hands of the collector and what's coming next for him and our guardians team. There's also rumors that we might end up seeing a little bit more of Howard in the next Guardians of the Galaxy film, which is set to debut on May 5th , 2017. Are you excited for this character to make his way back to the comic book store?
In the ever growing "free to play," trend, Bethesda has given fans some very good news about their MMORPG, The Elder Scrolls online. The game will be dropping it's 15$ monthly subscription for all gamers and giving exclusive free items and access to certain DLC's for gamers who are already on the paid service on the PC version of the game. It will also be released on consoles after a long delay, on June 9th under the name The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, everyone on the PC will be upgraded to the Tamriel version on March 17th. Will you be picking up The Elder Scrolls Online this summer now that it no longer has a subscription fee and will be on consoles?
If you're a member of the Club Nintendo service then I have some bad news for you. It was announced today that Nintendo will be discontinuing the service that offered gamers free merchandise for registering various Nintendo products and games. Any games released after January 20th will not be able to be registered for Club Nintendo, however you can still make an account up until March 31st. The program will be officially shut down all together June 30th at midnight, All coins will be erased but fret not as they will be usable on certain downloadable content available in April for Elite members. Club Nintendo will be replaced with a new Nintendo loyalty program which will be detailed at a later date and time. So, if you have been a member, make sure to use all the coins you have saved up before their gone and register any older games or Nintendo consoles as fast as you can!
Marvel is paying homage to one of hip hop's best acts of 2014, Run the Jewels, consisting of El-P and Killer Mike, who released one of 2014 tops albums. Mahmud Asrar for the variant cover of the new Howard the Duck #2 (written by Sex Criminals Author, Chip Zdarsky), featuring Rocket Raccoon and the two posing their signature from the cover of their album. There is also another cover featuring detached hands of Dead Pool and Thanos also recreating the cover art for the album. (you can see the picture below)
In other news, Marvel has also teased an All New, All Different, Avengers series following the end of Avengers Vol. 5 and New Avengers Vol. 3 in April. The new series is slated to be released this May. There's a lot of speculation about what's happening with the line up of the Avengers but more on this to come.
Finally, to round out the big Marvel comics news, Deadpool will meet his unlikely fate in Deadpool #250 this April.
Good news for fans waiting on the latest Turtle Rock Studios game, Evolve, today begins the open Beta! From now until January 19th, Xbox Live gold members, will be allowed to try out the latest title! PS4 and PC users will have a closed beta starting tomorrow. The beta will allow players to pick from 8 of the playable classes as well as trying their hands at both the Kraken and the Goliath, and participate in both the Hunt and Evacuation modes. Grab your friends and suit up, it's going to be a wild ride! The Beta ends Sunday so make sure you get to play one of 2015s most anticipated titles while you can!
Today marks the first Nintendo direct of the 2015! Nintendo aims to showcase numerous titles that will be released this spring including the highly anticipated Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask remake and even the New 3DS handheld console! I'll be updating this post as the stream happens and will have all the info you need and a link to the video when it's done!
- Right off the bat, we see a beautiful trailer for a new Fire Emblem title. Looking close, we can see a few returning characters from the previous, Fire Emblem: Awakening. The game is promised to have brand new challenges as well as a heavy focus on the decisions you'll be making in game.
- Next up, the title Puzzles and Dragons, a popular puzzle action title in Japan. It looks like Nintendo is releasing it's own Super Mario themed version that will come packaged with the title and will available in May, 2015.
- Following this, another puzzle title called Pokemon Shuffle. It will be available on the e-shop for free in February.
- Small changes have been added to the Wii U to allow gamers to access some of the older Wii titles that will now be available for download. Super Mario Galaxy today, will be available today followed by Punch Out on the 22nd and Metroid Prime on the 29th. There will be more titles to follow in the future.
- We have a new look and presentation of the newest Kirby title, Kirby and the rainbow curse. The title will also be be Amiibo compatible, allowing for certain bonuses and hats from Kirby characters, King Dedede and Meta Knight.
- New Amiibo's will be coming out in March 20th featuring all the popular characters from the Mario series alongside Mario Party 10. (Wave 3 of the Super Smash Bros Amiibo will be available soon.) You can not, however, use the Super Smash Bros Mario with Mario Party ten, thus forcing you to either erase the data on the figure or buy a new one.
- The Toad amiibo will also work with last years release, Captain Toad: Treasure tracker.
- We have another look at nintendo's Splatoon title. Showing off player and character customization as well as some online functionality as well as a look at the three weapon types you'll be able to carry with you. Spaltoon is slated for a release this May.
- Tingle, from Legend of Zelda series, as well as Young Link, will be available for Hyrule Warriors as playable characters, we well as new costumes for some other players. This content will be downlable February 5th.
- A new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer, showing off some beautiful game pay and graphics. More information is promised to come in the near future.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong Tipping Stars, is also shown off. You'll be able to reward other players for puzzles that they create to help them earn parts. You will also receive a free 3DS e-shop download if you purchase the title on the Wii U and will be available, March 5th.
- Bandai has an exclusive title that is free for the Wii U from the e-shop, under the tentative title "Project Treasure." It's promised to be a 4 player, co-op title that puts players working together to get treasure.
- We see a trailer for the Nintendo e-shop, Elliots Shop, a side scroll-er title. Blek, the very creative and fun title. Citizens of Earth, an ATLUS created RPG title with a very old school feel to it. Gunman Clive 2 will return to the e-shop with 4 playable characters. Moon Chronicles eps 2, 3, 4, Renegade Kid, will all be released at one time with a season pass option. Sega will also release a new batch of classic titles for the 3DS. Etrian Mystery Duengeon, mixes elements of dungeon exploration and RPG style game play. Story of Seasons, a farming and life simulation title is detailed as well, exclusively for the Nintendo 3ds on the e-shop. Lastely, a new Fossil Fighters series is shown. The game, has players finding the fossils and reviving them to pit them against each other and create their own prehistoric teams, the title will launch March 20th.
- Reggie Fils-Aime has appeared, speaking about all the major titles for the Nintendo 3DS. A presentation is being shown detailing the New Nintendo 3ds. Face tracking for the 3DS, built in amiibo support, a new C-stick and plenty more round out the features for this new handheld. It will be release in North America February 13th. The New 3DS will also come with a 4gig micro SD card that will allow players to move content from a previous console. It will also not come with an AC adapter, so you'll have to use an older one or purchase a new one.
- Codename: Steam, a hybrid of strategy and rel time action, will bring back heroes of the past such as Abraham Lincoln and pocahontas, will be one of the first new titles for the New 3DS console. You can even use the characters from the Fire Emblem amiibo's series, that will be usable in game as well as adding another element of strategy. The title will be released March 13th.
- A flying fighter title, Ace Combat: Assault Combat Legacy, will also be released Feburary 13th, and can have certain skins for planes unlocked by tapping Amiibos on screen.
- Xenoblade chronicles will be released in April as a new 3DS exclusive.
- Iron Fall Invasion, a fast paced shooter title, will be released this February in the near future.
- North America and Europe, will receive a new hardware bundle for Monster Hunter 4 when it releases February 13th. A demo for the title will also be available soon, showcasing various weapons and the online functionality.
- They close out the presentation with the Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask. The title will launch the same day the New 3DS launches, February 13th. It will also come with a special gold edition with the Majoras Mask emblem on the front.