Of the many, amazing titles at this years E3, one that deserves some major recognition is The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti. I was fortunate enough to meet the creator of the title at an event and hadn't heard of the game prior to this years E3 conference but from the moment I saw the trailer, I knew I would be interested in it. The game's aesthetic is beautiful, working through a world of strange creatures adorned with lights to some beautiful snowy back drops. You follow Francis as he finds himself in another dimension, shredding on the guitar and fulfilling his own own dreams of being a rockstar. Take a look at some of the footage from E3 of The Artful Escape and be on the lookout when this title
The cheesiest and bloodiest zombie franchise is coming home, just in time for the holidays. Dead Rising 4 was just one of the many surprises at this years E3 and it looks like they're moving back to basics with the latest installment. This time, we'll find original photographer and protagonist Frank West, back in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse during the most wonderful time of year, Christmas. Mayhem and more will surely ensue in this bloody holiday story and thankfully to an early leak on the Xbox store, gamers can expect Dead Rising 4 December 6th, 2016. Watch the new trailer below and get ready for some zombie mayhem, all over again.
After a lengthy live game play of Pokemon Sun and Moon, fans were treated to a new trailer showing off several brand new Pokemon as well as a new multiplayer battle mode as well. Take a look at the trailer below and get excited about all the new Pokemon, feature, and region coming this fall!
Nintendo began their press event with a message addressing both weekend shootings in Orlando Florida, the other including former voice singer Christina Grimmie who was scheduled to appear at the Nintendo E3 booth this week.
It's time for Nintendo's tree house event and after a disappointing last year, new Zelda, Pokemon and plenty of more surprises will hopefully get gamers excited.
- A new cinematic trailer for the next Legend of Zelda series reveals some truly massive and brilliant looking locations. A close eye will notice a variation of armor and gameplay as well. The official title is, Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild. No female link has been confirmed. The newest title in the series has been described as a open world experience, a first in for the franchise, moving towards a blended Skyrim (in size) with cel shading.
- Next up is an interview with Junichi Masuda regarding this falls upcoming Pokemon Sun and Moon. Professor Kukui is your cousin as addressed by the quick scene of dialogue. (Unless of course its slang) The rest of the footage seems to be a mashup of footage from the previous two trailers that we've seen and nothing new. Solgaleo and Lunala are hinted at having unique roles that are different from previous titles. We have also seen the 10% forme and complete forme of the ground/dragon Zygarde from Pokemon X and Y. The character designs are suppose to reflect the warm climate of the environment in the alola region. We also got our first look at the game play and inside the players house. We get to see a fight between new water starter Popplio against a wild Ledyba. There's a new shadow effect and removal of the platform that use to sit underneath the Pokemon. There's new interface changes for the battle selection screen as well. You'll be able to analyze the opposing Pokemon as well as pull up info on your moves as well. A female yungoos, an angry looking mongoose Pokemon appeared as well. When you approach trainers, a shadow highlights the top and bottom of the screen to alert players. You'll be able to move to in full analog direction this time around as well. A woodpecker Pokemon Pikipek is introduced in the wild. Hala is described as a strong trainer on the island. Pokemon battles with your rival hold a significance on the island, the first being a ritual to head off into the wild. Hau's first Pokemon is a Pichu. His second is the fire/cat Pokemon Litten. Also one of the new starters. Moves are now listed as effective, not effective and etc after facing a Pokemon more than once. A new multiplayer battle mode titled "battle royale," will allow 4 players who can choose up to 3 Pokemon, to battle against one another. The battle ends when one player loses their Pokemon. Customization for outfits has been confirmed as well.
Intermission while waiting for Zelda gameplay
- Bill Trinen is showing the gameplay for the new Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild. Link awakens in a Shrine of Resurrection. Technology will be added as well. There is a large inventory screen allowing gamers to equip and change clothes. A voice over instructs link that he is a light that Hyrule needs. Link will be able to jump as well. You can climb mountains and other structures as well. There will be lots of collectible items that you'll find a long the way. Some you can use for items to cook as well as weapons like tree branches. You can also light things on fire. Weapons will also have durability and can break. The game is anime influenced and ill rely heavily on finding and gathering resources.
Treehouse will be streaming Zelda footage throughout the day so if you don't mind some spoilers, make sure you tune in!
After months of teasing new images and a highly controversial falling out with Konami, the legendary Hideo Kojima is back. Watch the reveal for his first title with his new company starring Walking Dead Star, Norman Reedus. (If you can figure out what's going on here, you'd be one of the few who do)
For some reason, last falls October teaser for Detroit Become Human, failed to leave an impression but this time around, they've cut an incredible trailer. Take a look at the emotional and intense Android cop story that will allow gamers to craft their own stories.
To end Monday's long night of gaming news is Sony's press event at E3. The event opens with an orchestral performing, the lights go down to reveal a new God of War title with some incredible looking game play.
- Shawn Layden comes to the stage to greet the crowd.
- Bend studios debuts a new trailer for Days Gone. A post apocalyptic biker story accompanied by a cinematic trailer, showing a world that's far from the one we know and near desolate.
- Another, emotional trailer, is shown off for The Last Guardian and is confirmed for October 25th, 2016.
- The new trailer and details are revealed for the action adventure title, Horizon: Zero Dawn. Showing off new environments and gameplay footage. We also get a detailed look at the combat system for the latest title as well. You'll be able to collect scrap parts from robot enemies as well as create your own set of traps. The game will feature dialogue options that are signature of other RPG franchises like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.
- Another trailer is shown for Detroit: Become Human. Featuring an Android who seems to be a detective. The game will allow players to search the environment for clues and alter how the story ends.
- A trailer is shown for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, featuring a young man stuck in a grimy and disgusting house. Based on first looks, RE 7 seems to be moving back towards the series roots.
- The Playstation VR will debut in the US October 13th of this year with 50 titles at launch. The price listed will be $399.
- A trrailer for a Vr title coming this fall called Farpoint, which features explorers stranded on a planet as they encounter some deadly creatures.
- A Star Wars VR game has been revealed as well titled Star Wars: Battlefront: A VR Mission.
- A trailer debuted for Batman Arkham VR, accompanied with a voice over from Mark Hammil as the iconic villain, The Joker. The title is also scheduled to be released in October 2016.
- A new Final Fantasy 15 trailer is shown off with music from popular EDM DJ and artist, Afrojack. A VR version will also be available as well allowing gamers to play as the gun-slinging Prompto.
- A new trailer is shown for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The futuristic spin did not excited gamers at first so hopefully the new trailer can change some minds. A short trailer was shown for Call of Duty: Remastered as well.
- A Crash Bandicoot reveal feturing Crash 1, 2 and Crash Warped as remasters on the PS4 later this year. He will also appear in this falls Skylands along side the new feature, Skylanders: Imagination, which will allow gamers the ability to add characters into the game that they draw.
- A trailer is shown for Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The title will be available in two weeks.
- In a major moment, Metal Gear Solid Hideo Kojima hits the stage to speak about his new studio and project after the controversial leave from developer Konami. A new game trailer features The Walking Dead star Norman reedus on a beach full of dead animals and 5 beings floating in the sky. The official title is Death Stranding.
- Insomniac games has teamed with Marvel to bring a next gen Spiderman title. No release date was given.
- Some gameplay footage from the post-apocalyptic biker game is shown off. The game play shows us a small, emptied out barn over run by a horde of zombies.
- A video montag is shown for upcoming PS titles.
That's it for today, check back tomorrow for even more fun E3 news!
Unfortunately, due to a crash with my computer, I lost everything I spent the last few hours typing. Because of this, I'm going to give a much shorter recap and just hit the highlights of the press conference below.
A new trailer for Ghost Recon: Ubisoft was shown. Steep, an extreme sports/open world title, will take players to death defying heights in the alps. Grow up, the sequel to Grow home was announced. Watch Dog 2 debuted a fantastic game play trailer. For Honor showed off some hack and slash game play footage. A new South Park title is coming as well.
The Sony E3 event will wrap up Monday night when it debuts at 9pm EST.
One of the most talked about moments from Microsoft's event today was compulsion games, We Happy Few. With a heavy bioshock resemblance, places us in an alternate universe where England was invaded by Germany and, in order to to cover up what they did to drive the german forces out, society has become a drug fueled dystopia relying on a pill called "joy," to suppress their memories. As one man begins to stop taking his medication, he find's himself quickly labeled a "downer," and subjected to violence. Take a look at the eerily haunting trailer below!
Scalebound gave us the best look at the game play experience and the game is looking more incredible than it did the first time during it's reveal. Take a look at the E3, mutliplayer footage featuring one insane boss fight!