Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will mark a huge and bittersweet moment for the Pokemon core titles. The news broke today that Gamefreak will be shifting focus on the Nintendo Switch for the core Pokemon titles moving forward and that the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be the last two titles to land on the Nintendo 3DS. While this is big news, it will be interesting to see how future Nintendo handhelds will last without the staple franchise. This will also mark the first time a core Pokemon title landed on a console which will definitely mean a large graphics boost along with an array of new functions. We probably won't see the first Switch Pokemon title for the next few years but until then, it looks like we will be enjoying our very last 3DS adventure.
While we patiently await the release of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the Pokemon company has given us a look at a brand new poster teasing some mysterious new characters. While the poster itself looks intense, showing off characters from the original titles like Hau and Lillie along side the final evolutions of the starting trio, there appears to be several figures obscured by dark mist towards the top. The trailers have already given us a glimpse at some new characters players will be interacting with. At the bottom, you can also see the November release date along side the Japanese price for the game and the exclusive Lycanroc that will be available as a pre-order bonus. Stay sharp for more Pokemon news as it comes over the next month and a half before this highly anticipated release hits the Nintendo 3ds.
- new Pokemon news including the announcement of new Ultra beasts and a special Z move for Lycanroc dusk form.
- Mario and Luigi remake for 3DS
- new Kirby gameplay
- new Professor Layton
- Nintendo New style boutique star: styling star 3
- Mine Craft with 5 skin packs and two texture packs for the New Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Party Top 100 will allow the best mini-games from the Mario party series (Jan 2018)
- Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS 9/15
- October 13th, the 3DS XL Super Nintendo Entertainment launches along side Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Deluxe, and Mario 3D Land
- Etrian Odyssesy 5 (demo to be realeased this afternoon following the Nintendo Direct
- New Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem Warriors coming soon
(That wraps up 3DS new, now lets look at the Switch Announcements!)
- trailer for RPG title Xenoblade Chronicles 2 featuring Azuada and the main character Rex. The trailer highlights multiple features of the upcoming Switch title including combat and the world itself. The title launches December 1st, 2017. A special bundle will feature a soundtrack and art book and there will also be a Xenoblade pro controller for the switch.
- Splatoon 2 will be receiving new updates like the Snapper Cana, Kelp Dome (avaialbe this Saturday) and a new item.
- A new brief trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors and the announcement of the addition of Lyn. A new trailer will be launched for her later today. A Chrom and Tiki figure will be released the same day as the games launch.
- A new look at Snipperclips Plus, due out November 10th.
- Morphies Law, the shape-shifting robotic shooter is shown off again. It was previously announced during the Nindies showcase several weeks ago. The release window is winter 2017.
- Rocket League is coming to the Nintendo Switch with Mario and Luigi toppers as well as local wireless multiplayer. The release window is also this winter.
- Arena of Valor features 35 heroes in a MOBA style battle game. Draw first blood this winter during the BETA test.
- New look at Elder Scroll V: Skyrim for the Switch. You can also use the Legend of Zelda amiibo to acquire the Hylian Shield, Tunic, and Master Sword or alternatively find them in the world.
- Bethesda's Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are both coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- Flip Wars will have a number of new additions including features and modes and is available today as a free update.
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. original arcade version as well as other titles will be heading to the switch this fall.
- New Legend of Zelda breath of the wild champion Amiibo's coming out this fall will give new items to players.
- WWE 2K18, NBA 2k18, and EA Sports Fifa 18 are all shows
- Pokken DX is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week.
- A new Square Enix RPG title, Project: Octopath Traveler from the producers of Bravely Default. The game combines HD and 2D graphics which allows players to embark on a journey as one of 8 individual characters. The title is scheduled for a worldwide release in 2018. A trailer will come later today.
- ARMS is receiving a new update featuring Lola Pop and a new stage. You will also be able to remap the controls to fit your individual play style.
- Dragon Quest Builders is coming to the Nintendo Switch in America. The title closely resembles Minecraft with Dragon Quest elements and RPG elements. The release date is planned for Spring 2018.
- Kirby Star Allies is shown with new features that all you to control several enemies at one time. You can also play with friends. The game is also due out in the spring of 2018.
- Steam World Dig 2, Golf Story, Nine Parchements, Battlechef Brigade, Tiny Metal, Super Meat Boy Forever, Lost Sphear, (1/23/108), Sonic Forces, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, L.A. Noire from Rockstar Games are all shown for the Nintendo Switch. (All have fall releases with the exception of Lost Sphear)
- New information regarding the story line of Mario Odyssey is shown. Including new areas like Mount Volbono, New Donk City, Fossil Falls and plenty more. The new footage also explains the purpose of the moons and how they will help Mario travel throughout his adventure. You will also be able to change Mario's outfits that can help the terrain or be just for fun. You will also be able to decorate the ship you travel in. There is a photo mode that will allow players to share their photos on social media as well. Super Mario Odyssey will arrive October 27th alongside three weeding themed Amiibo for Peach, Bowser, and Mario. A console bundle will also be sold along side the games release.
After Capcom's success on the Nintendo Switch with it's Street Fighter port, it looks like the company is ready to add even more titles to the latest Nintendo consoles roster. The game moved 450K in the first quarter and has proved a massive hit for both companies. This is a good move for the Switch as well. The game line up for the first year of the console is still on the lighter side and Capcom will be able to push these titles out quicker. What titles do you want to see hit the Nintendo Switch?
Today marks the first Pokemon themed Nintendo direct and its come with some big and exciting news. First up is the announcement of Pokken Tournament DX, a Nintendo Switch port of the massively popular Pokemon fighting game. The game will gome with 5 new playable Pokemon, 3 v 3 battles, and online battles as well.Pokken Tournament DX is set for a September 22nd release. There was also a few second trailer of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon shown. The titles will feature Pokemon who didn't previously appear in the original titles. They are both due out November 17th. Pokemon Gold and Silver versions will also release simultaneously as Pokken Tournament DX for the Nintendo virtual console. While the Nintendo direct was short, these are still some major Pokemon announcements. It's also important to note that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will follow Nintendo's plans to keep the core Pokemon franchise to their handheld systems. Are you ready for some more Pokemon in 2017? I know I sure am! Watch today's Nintendo Direct for yourself below!
Nintendo has finally aired their official debut for the Nintendo Switch, and we learned quite a bit about the newest console. The Switch will debut March 3rd for the very low price of $300 dollars, similar to their Wii and WiiU lines as well as being under their competitors. The Switch will also come with free internet use for gamers until the fall when they will begin chargin for the service. It was also mentioned that it will have smartphone integration as well (Considering Nintendo's history with online gaming servies, this is already sounding like a step in the right direction). Nintendo also came with a large handful of surprises for us as well. Their iconic mascot, Mario is returning in Super Mario Odyssey, a sandbox title mirrors Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, and other staple Mario titles. Sequles to Xelnoblade and Splatoon will both land on the console as well as new titles from Squre Enix, Shin Megami Tensie developer, and Sude 51 with the surprise announcement of a sequel to 2007 No More Heroes. In addition, Koei Tecmo is bringing a two new titles, one including a cross between the Dynasty Warriors and Fire Emblem series. Skyrim will also be avaiable later this year after the consoles release and last, but certainly not least, the conference ended with an incredible new trailer for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which will launch the same day as the Nintendo Switch.
Sometimes, magic happens, and I'm not talking about Hairspray Live! The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon was treated to an amazing treat by the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo of America presdient, Regie Fils-Aimé, with some amazing game play footage of Super Mario Run and Zelda: Breathe of the Wild on the up coming Nintendo Switch. If that wasn't all, you even get to see Miyamoto show off some guitar skills along side The Roots too! Take a look below and get excited for the console in 2017!
The gaming community is still riding the wave of the latest Nintendo console news and we're slowly finding out more about the 2017 system and it might not be good. Interestingly enough, the Nintendo Switch will not play physical copies of 3DS and Wii U titles. IGN has confirmed that aside from the news that there won't be physical playback, digital playback has yet to be confirmed at this time either. This is a bit disheartening considering popular Wii U recent releases like Yoshi's Wolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess HD remake and other big titles like Super Smash Bros Wii U and Super Mario Kart 8, might not be playable on the latest system. It's hard to imagine that Nintendo would move full speed ahead leaving all of those titles (as well as plenty of others) completely out of their catalog. It's also been confirmed that the Nintendo Switch will offer a "single screen," experience, utilizing either the Portable screen or the TV screen which the console is plugged up to. It will not allow gamers' to display something on the small screen which simultaneously playing on the TV screen (a move that hurt Nintendo's relationship with 3rd party games in the past). Endgadget has also cited a source from a recent Nintendo Q&A that while the Nintendo switch is not an intended 3DS successor, one could be coming in the future. Reps for Nintendo have confirmed to various sources that we'll see more about the console in the future so until, we'll just have to keep spinning the rumor mill.
After months of speculation and rumors, Nintendo has finally given us our first look at their latest console set to debut in 2017, the fitting title, Nintendo Switch. It is indeed a console/handheld hybrid, that uses both two stick controllers that mount to the side of the screen as well as a separate controller that you can pair with the console. If that's not already exciting, some new titles like a new Mario game and Skyrim were shown in the trailer as well. From the looks of it, Nintendo's promising a full "game to handheld" this time around. Take a look at the must see trailer and get ready for Nintendo to start the console cycle again in March 2017. (Also, take a look below for the two controller types, the standard "joy-con controller" and the additional "pro-gamer controller)
According to Pokeshopper, some brand new Alolan themed plushes will be heading our way next year. Alolan Raichu, Vulpix and Meowth will all be hitting stores next February. They should also all measure about 12 cm in height. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more Pokemon goodies in the next few months so get excited when these arrive in 2017!